• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Wireframe Overlay - glPolygonOffset

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tommato   Members   -  Reputation: 146

0Likes

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

Hi All

I need to draw wireframe over solid object. As I've understood from google, glPolygonOffset is a standard solution for this - but I can't get it to work. With first argument negative it has effect - wireframe disappears. But my wireframe still "blinks" with any view change, no matter what values are passed to glPolygonOffset. I've also tried different draw order and wireframe drawn as lines - no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Tommato

Sponsor:

#2 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 14198

1Likes

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

If the wireframe comes from the came vertex data as the model then all you need to do is set the depth mode to GL_EQUAL and draw the wireframe.

Or you can always modify gl_FragDepth, setting it to a value slightly smaller than gl_FragCoord.z, such as gl_FragCoord.z - (1.0f / 16000000.0) (this takes experimentation as well).

Otherwise you need to experiment with ::glPolygonOffset().

L. Spiro
It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS