• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

[SharpDXToolkit][Winform] Winform creating gaps in SharpDX

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Zurkloyd   Members   -  Reputation: 131

0Likes

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Hello everybody, this is my first post on the forums and with that i would like to ask a question for a problem that has been troubling me over the past days. I recently started messing around with trying to make a HTML-Gui with the SharpDX Toolkit. I am currently using Awesomium for the webbrowser as the WPF style allows transparency for that. I messed around a bit and got it working. Sadly, the outcome was this:

HtmlGUI_6.PNG

Before i went with this way, i used to draw a second Winform on-top over the original game form and rendered element away with a TransparencyKey. unfortunately, this method took away the possibilities of making things transparent.

What happends here is that my WinForm element create a gap in my SharpDX window. The purple you see is the background color of my Form. I have been searching around for the last 2 days and was unable to find a solution to this. What i eventually want to have is this:

HtmlGUI_6_what_i_want.png

This is the outcome i want to have. I have been looking around and found out that in XNA, this problem does not occour.

XNA_WinForms1_GraphicsDevice_01_large.jp

What i did is, i launched SharpDX in a new winform so i could attach elements to it

using (var program = new Chartreuse_Engine())
{
    program.Run(_GameWindow);
}

Using that way, i attached a ElementHost to the winform and run a WPF control inside it that uses the awesomium element. Using the WPF i could allow transparency. But now i dont know how to solve this problem. I dont even know where to start looking for this problem as i am not quite sure how this happends. What i want eventually is that the purple parts on the game ( which is my Form's background color ) to dissapear. If any of you could help me, that would be amazing!

( p.s. please be kind as this is my first post )

Edited by Zurkloyd, 07 August 2014 - 07:59 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS