• Create Account

Raw Input and GLFW

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tomsen1410   Members   -  Reputation: 155

0Likes

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

I am currently working on a little game engine for learning purposes. I am using OpenGL for rendering and GLFW for the windowing system. Now I would like to use Raw Input as my input gathering system, because this one is the fastest way on Windows as I've heart. Unfortunately I don't know how, as GLFW creates the window and I can't set a WndProc callback function.

So my question is: Is it possible to use Raw Input when I let GLFW(or any other similar library) create the OpenGL context?

Sponsor:

#2 megamoscha   Members   -  Reputation: 621

0Likes

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

And what makes you think input handling via GLFW is slow?

#3 megamoscha   Members   -  Reputation: 621

0Likes

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

You can always modify the source from GLFW. The wndproc is in the folder src/win32_window.c where you can add your raw input if you need to.

Edit:

There is the function glfwGetWin32Window. With this function you get the HWND. So you could subclass the windowproc from GLFW but I would not recommend it.

Edited by megamoscha, 09 August 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS