Hello gamedevnet. This is Trial by Viking. It's a side-scrolling platformer where you are a viking on a mission from Odin. In unfamiliar lands, you will meet friends and foes, solve a few puzzles, and gain the powers needed to save your people. You will run through gauntlets of fire and steel surviving by the skin of your teeth, only to find yourself face to face with the worst terrors that the nine worlds have to offer. Good luck!
- morph into a polar bear
- control a flying Valkyrie through mazes of hazards
- ride on the claws of a great owl like a zip line
- bombs, double jump, dash, grappling hook
- an ice axe for freezing enemies and turning them in to stepping stone
- ride on a viking ship while having axe battles with Kobolds
- keys, switches, gears, ropes, hidden areas, and other tricky elements
- 150 levels
- 30 intense boss/miniboss battles
- 20 permanent upgrades
- 70 unique ai/enemies
- power ups like mini viking, metal viking, and time slow
I want to start with a few screen shots so you can see how the game looks. I think it's strong points are in the feel of the game play, and the wide variety of mechanics and AI. I'll try to get a little more in to how some of the more interesting mechanics work in a future update. Thanks for checking it out!
Edited by dqhendricks, Today, 11:00 AM.