• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Mobile Input Automatically Inverted

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 gretty   Members   -  Reputation: 212

0Likes

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

Hello

I am using TouchScript for my Unity3d game input - panning around a 3d environment. For some reason the Windows 8 Tablet input is inverted. Note when I run the app in the Unity3d Editor on my Windows 7 laptop the input is NOT inverted.

When I say inverted I mean:

- By dragging your finger left the camera moves left. The vast majority of apps would move the camera right when the user drags left. This is how Bing Maps responds.
 - By dragging your finger up the camera moves up. The vast majority of apps would move the camera down when the user drags down.
 - Pinching fingers together zooms in the camera. When it should zoom out.

I haven't done anything that I know of the cause this inversion.

Setup:

- GameObject 'CameraContainer' has the components: Transformer2d, FullScreenLayer, PanGesture, ScaleGesture, PressGesture.
 - GameObject 'MainCamera' is nested inside the 'CameraContainer' object and has the components: Camera.
 - GameObject 'TouchScript' has the components: TouchManager.
 - GameObject 'Input' is nested inside the 'TouchScript' object and has the components: MobileInput, MouseInput and Win8TouchInput.

Any ideas what has caused this and/or how I can invert the input controls?

Edited by gretty, 13 August 2014 - 12:54 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS