• Create Account

Making a game 'trainer'

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 TTHCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 110

-1Likes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

Can anyone tell me how to make a game trainer in C++? I want to know because I want to experiment on ways to make flash work with Steamworks and I want to code it myself.I am not one who wants to cheat because I hate cheaters.I plan to detect some values in the game and go through some code before making e.g. achievements achieved.

Anyone knows?Please reply!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

#2 DvDmanDT   Members   -  Reputation: 869

0Likes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

Unless the game is open source and/or you have the authors permission, this is typically illegal.

#3 TTHCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:47 AM

I am the game maker

#4 DvDmanDT   Members   -  Reputation: 869

0Likes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

So why would you want a trainer?

Exactly what is it that you want to do?

#5 Oolala   Members   -  Reputation: 779

0Likes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

As the game maker, have your game look for a specific plug-in interface that is located in a specific directory, such as the application directory.  Expose to that plug-in functions that allows for the plug-in to query game data, and run IO.

Make your "trainer" in the form of a plug in.

Since you're the games author, and thus can add the plug-in interface, this is the easiest path.  Plug-in interfaces are kind of handy to have anyway.

#6 TTHCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 110

-1Likes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

As the game maker, have your game look for a specific plug-in interface that is located in a specific directory, such as the application directory.  Expose to that plug-in functions that allows for the plug-in to query game data, and run IO.

Make your "trainer" in the form of a plug in.

Since you're the games author, and thus can add the plug-in interface, this is the easiest path.  Plug-in interfaces are kind of handy to have anyway.

Where can I start?

#7 Oolala   Members   -  Reputation: 779

0Likes

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

By creating hooks into your code via some class, and exposing that class via a header, and then writing the code that installs a shared object/DLL as a plug-in.

The code for doing this is highly platform dependant, so you'll need to read up on how your platform deals with it.  In windows, google exporting/importing from a DLL.

PARTNERS