• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Python & pySDL2

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 digitalrealm   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:37 AM

Hi

I have been trying to learn python for quite some time, with little success.  So i have decided to create a project and learn on the way.

Im hoping to use pySDL2 as pygame is kind of outdated.  I was able to install pySDL2 without problems.  The only problem I am having now is understanding the second line of the pySDL2 tutorial.  http://pysdl2.readthedocs.org/en/rel_0_9_3/tutorial/helloworld.html

RESOURCES = sdl2.ext.Resources(__file__, "resources")

I realise this line creates a resource folder but due to my inexperience I am not able to fix this problem.  i was hoping someone here has experience and would be able to explain so I can move on with the rest of the tutorial.

Thanks so much

Dan

Sponsor:

#2 digitalrealm   Members   -  Reputation: 105

1Likes

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

I think I may have found the solution to my problem.  It maybe that the application is looking for a folder named "Resource" and that maybe the causing of the error.  In any case here is the resource documentation - http://pysdl2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/modules/sdl2ext_resources.html

Dan

#3 digitalrealm   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

My hunch was correct!  Now that I have completed the tutorial I get on with learning python! 

#4 mousetail   Members   -  Reputation: 1279

0Likes

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

python is a great language, good luck learning it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS