• Create Account

3dTBShexagonalTroveClone

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 yuno44907   Members   -  Reputation: 92

0Likes

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

I have no idea about coding. I made a game by using 2d RPG maker. How can i mod a game? Where can i learn coding for free? Which programs do you use for moding games?

My idea is combining all existing games with each other. Yes this is imposible but i decided to do that. I have no idea about programing but i will learn it in 2 years. All games are boring and life is boring, i will make my dream game. I released my book it was have 367 pages; so i always do what i want to do. My idea is combining this games:

A minecraft clone with not cubes but truncated octahedrons so 3d hexagons.

An Skyrim clone but turn based bcause if you make an realistic MMORPG, people always use glitches and game repeats itself and everything gets boring. So we will not make Vindictus, we will make turn based Vindictus. You have a moment distance based on your speed and climb angle and a climbing speed. You cant go far away from your starting point until next turn. And next turn you cant go faraway from your position at when turn was started. So you can only move a limited distance each turn. Each ability will have a reach distance, also you can upgrade your distance for reaching more.

Characters will be cyborg or zombie or homonculus so we will collect randomly dropped body parts and those body parts will make our abilities, characterictics. We will use an unquie system. I made this new system. It will be too balanced and random. So it will be really enjoyable; game will not repeat itself and you will make your characters by combining randomly dropped body parts so everything will be random.

There will be alive echosystem and planet. Even planet will grow up mountains or rivers. And living things will eat, grow up, mate, have child. Also you must eat for being alive. Some characters dont eat. Some characters must eat more. Some characters drink blood, blah blah blah....

For making this game which programs must i use? How can i mod games for testing my coding skills? Which coding language is best for me?

Sponsor:

#2 yuno44907   Members   -  Reputation: 92

0Likes

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

1 day passed 0 wiews 0 replies. I made a game by using RPG maker.

#3 Erik Rufelt   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3627

0Likes

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

EDIT: My apologies, forgot I'm not supposed to joke in "For beginners".

So a serious answer... I would try learning Unity.

It has many tutorials and examples for making 3D games, and as built-in scripting languages. It can use C# which is a good language.

Edited by Erik Rufelt, 17 August 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#4 shadowisadog   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2563

1Likes

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

I have no idea about coding. I made a game by using 2d RPG maker. How can i mod a game? Where can i learn coding for free? Which programs do you use for moding games?

It is good that you were able to make a game using 2d RPG maker. That should give you some idea as to how games are made.

You can learn coding for free with a number of resources and free books on the Internet. There is a wide variety of programming languages and game engines out there for creating games. Search around and find one you like. A quick google search will turn up tons of results. At your experience level what matters is just selecting something and getting started.

Every game is different with regards to mods. Some have provided tools to create mods for the games... others are closed and you will not be able to mod them. They are implemented in a wide variety of languages and tools.

My idea is combining all existing games with each other. Yes this is imposible but i decided to do that. I have no idea about programing but i will learn it in 2 years. All games are boring and life is boring, i will make my dream game. I released my book it was have 367 pages; so i always do what i want to do. My idea is combining this games:

Yes it is impossible. Even if it was not impossible you would legally be unable to do anything with it. You can not violate other people's copyright/intellectual property as much as you wish.. You will be sued if you achieve any level of success.

Games are not a combination of elements... They are elements combined together in a balance. A lot of times the mark of a truly great game designer is not what is added to the game, but what is removed.

A minecraft clone with not cubes but truncated octahedrons so 3d hexagons.

This is perhaps possible but it will take some experience to do. Keep in mind that cubes are simple and relatively lightweight to render. You are adding complexity and I am not sure what you would really gain from the choice.

An Skyrim clone but turn based bcause if you make an realistic MMORPG, people always use glitches and game repeats itself and everything gets boring. So we will not make Vindictus, we will make turn based Vindictus. You have a moment distance based on your speed and climb angle and a climbing speed. You cant go far away from your starting point until next turn. And next turn you cant go faraway from your position at when turn was started. So you can only move a limited distance each turn. Each ability will have a reach distance, also you can upgrade your distance for reaching more.

There are lots of turn based RPG games. A recent one is Divinity original sin which is doing well on Steam right now. It is similar to Skyrim (open world) but turn based.

Characters will be cyborg or zombie or homonculus so we will collect randomly dropped body parts and those body parts will make our abilities, characterictics. We will use an unquie system. I made this new system. It will be too balanced and random. So it will be really enjoyable; game will not repeat itself and you will make your characters by combining randomly dropped body parts so everything will be random.

In my experience this will be anything but balanced. It is an interesting idea but you have to make the parts similar to one another to share animations and artwork between them... otherwise you are going to have to do a ton of work to create all of the art assets and it will take years.

There will be alive echosystem and planet. Even planet will grow up mountains or rivers. And living things will eat, grow up, mate, have child. Also you must eat for being alive. Some characters dont eat. Some characters must eat more. Some characters drink blood, blah blah blah....

I generally get frustrated by having to mundane things in a game. Also having an alive ecosystem and planet, ect is going to be very computationally expensive.

For making this game which programs must i use? How can i mod games for testing my coding skills? Which coding language is best for me?

http://www.gamedev.net/page/reference/faq.php/_/for-beginners-r1

#5 yuno44907   Members   -  Reputation: 92

0Likes

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Thank you but i want a game like Dungeons of Dredmor so game will be always turn based; not only in battles.

A serious problem; how can i test my game and how can i make a turn based universe. It will be fully distance based with circles. I downloaded NetBeans, i will look at it.

#6 EarthBanana   Members   -  Reputation: 990

0Likes

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

A minecraft clone with not cubes but truncated octahedrons so 3d hexagons

Already in the process of making my friend - and have been working for a year and just finishing the map editor. And I have lots of experience with coding. These things all take a really long time.

Good luck but you need to start much much smaller if you honestly want to pursue making games

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS