• Create Account

Avoid Skinned-Mesh using decal deferred

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alundra   Members   -  Reputation: 924

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Hi all,

using a box and a vertex+pixel shader it's easy to render decal deferred without big cost.

The problem is this method doesn't works on skinned mesh, if a way exist, I don't know it yet.

I would avoid to render on them and the only way I have is to use the stencil buffer to avoid pixel of skinned mesh.

Is it a good way to achieve that ?

Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7991

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Well, the g-buffer is just an contextless representation of your world, therefor you can just use eg the stencil buffer to  mask deferred decals.

If you want decals on an animated meshes, you need to apply them in object space during rendering.

#3 kalle_h   Members   -  Reputation: 1565

0Likes

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:20 AM

You can also skin the decal. Let say you want bullet hole to character. You have located to contact point and bones that affect to this point. Then you just transform decal with these bones using appropriate weights.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS