• Create Account

Shadow Mapping Deferred Shading or Forward Pass?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 SIC Games   Members   -  Reputation: 617

0Likes

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'm try to implemend shadow mapping in my deferred shading and I was aquiring the best approach. Whether it would be forward passing mixed with the deferred rendering or if I can create a depth map in the deferred buffer. When i attempt to create a depth map in the deferred for a light in the deferrer buffer - the scene turns black. I believe it's my mistake in the shader part.

The deferred rendering is using DXGI_FORMAT_R16G16B16A_UNORM. Does the Depth Map have to be a certain texture format for the render target?

Game Engine's WIP Videos - http://www.youtube.com/sicgames88

Sponsor:

#2 Seabolt   Members   -  Reputation: 633

0Likes

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

I don't remember what texture formats that depth buffers need, but if you're trying to create a texture for the depth buffer, and you're giving it the depth buffer binding flags, it should error out if it's an unsupported format. 

I would go and check to see if there are any failures when creating the buffer first.

Perception is when one imagination clashes with another

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS