• Create Account

Need help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 dawoodr   Members   -  Reputation: 280

0Likes

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hello!

Well I am stuck, it feels like I am hitting my head against a brick wall and have been doing it for several days now.

I am reading Frank D. Luna's book "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 11" and seriously I am stuck at chapter 4. I am trying to use the initialization code for Direct3D and I can't get it to work.

I have included the common code folder and the June SDK 2010 in the directories as the book said, and then I open the .sln file from chapter 4 for initializing Direct3D but I just get errors.

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx11.h': No such file or directory c:\users\dawood\desktop\utbildning\programmering\dvd\d3d11codeset1\common\d3dutil.h 13 1 Init Direct3D

Error 2 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx11.h': No such file or directory c:\users\dawood\desktop\utbildning\programmering\dvd\d3d11codeset1\common\d3dutil.h 13 1 Init Direct3D

Error 3 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx11.h': No such file or directory c:\users\dawood\desktop\utbildning\programmering\dvd\d3d11codeset1\common\d3dutil.h 13 1 Init Direct3D

Please help me out.

Regards!

Sponsor:

#2 dawoodr   Members   -  Reputation: 280

0Likes

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Also for those who are familiar with the book, if you download the sample codes from d3dcoder.net there is no "d3dx11.h" file in the common folder, wtf!?

#3 js09427   Members   -  Reputation: 118

1Likes

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

What's up. There's no d3dx11.h file in the common folder because that file is in the June 2010 DirectX SDK.

I don't think you've set up your include directories correctly.

#4 L. Spiro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 14232

6Likes

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

there is no "d3dx11.h" file in the common folder, wtf!?

That’s probably because it is already located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Include\D3DX11.h” (on a standard install—you know if you have changed the directory to somewhere else).

You need to set your Microsoft Visual Studio include directories (if you claim you already have, then you need to set them properly).

L. Spiro

It is amazing how often people try to be unique, and yet they are always trying to make others be like them. - L. Spiro 2011
I spent most of my life learning the courage it takes to go out and get what I want. Now that I have it, I am not sure exactly what it is that I want. - L. Spiro 2013
I went to my local Subway once to find some guy yelling at the staff. When someone finally came to take my order and asked, “May I help you?”, I replied, “Yeah, I’ll have one asshole to go.”
L. Spiro Engine: http://lspiroengine.com
L. Spiro Engine Forums: http://lspiroengine.com/forums

#5 dawoodr   Members   -  Reputation: 280

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

Yes, I managed to fix it yesterday with some help of others. :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS