• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Video playback in my game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Magogan   Members   -  Reputation: 189

1Likes

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hi,

I don't know how I can display videos in my game. I just want to display a high resolution (up to 3840x2160 pixels) h.264 video (with sound), but I cannot find any tutorials for this...

I use C++ and DirectX 11 for my game. Is DirectShow an option? Or is there a better one?

Greetings,
Magogan

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I am still learning it :D

Sponsor:

#2 HappyCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 2818

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

I've never used it, but you can use FFmpeg. Once you decompress a frame you can write it to the screen by writing it to a texture then rendering it to the screen.

#3 BeerNutts   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2978

0Likes

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

For DirectX, you can use directshow.  Here's some info on it.

I know, using FML, sfe::Movie looks like a nice API.

My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS