• Create Account

Check out my Zelda 2 clone

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 ISDCaptain01   Members   -  Reputation: 1395

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

This is probably the biggest and most complicated game Ive created yet. For this one, I decided to gather all the reusable algorithms/functions/classes from my previous games and create a 2d side scrolling engine which will make programming all of my future games much easier. It includes content agnostic ways of handling input, sound effects, 2d sprite rendering, parallax scrolling, primitive AI, basic collision dectection etc. Anyways Ill show you guys a vid of the game so far (it isn't complete yet):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7GfkXkirwc&list=UUnzr_bemapQA1BxIvi-BUCg

Let me know what you think so far.

Sponsor:

#2 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19568

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

That looks really cool. Zelda 2 was a really interesting game, design-wise. I really enjoyed playing it (well, the GBA port of it. Never owned a NES or SNES).

Looks like you've done a really good job so far.

<obligatory> You should make your own game, so you can share it with the world. You can't release games public that infringe on Nintendo's intellectual property. </obligatory>

Edited by Servant of the Lord, 29 August 2014 - 01:53 PM.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

PARTNERS