• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Agreement Update (ios)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 mileafly   Members   -  Reputation: 215

-2Likes

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:10 AM

I recently got a new notice in my Itunes Connect: "An updated contract is now available. Before you can offer your content in new iTunes Store territories, a user with the Legal role must agree to the new contract in the Contracts, Tax, and Banking module."

Have anyone read through and know what the differences are? Is it ok to just accept?

Sponsor:

#2 Buster2000   Members   -  Reputation: 1740

-2Likes

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

I usually just accept without reading it as if I didn't I wouldn't be able to release apps or collect revenue on apps that I already published.

I'll probably get turned into an i-cent-iPad for not reading it though :S

#3 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22293

0Likes

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

General advice:  ALWAYS read your contracts.

Read the contracts at the car rental place. Read the contracts on your student loans. Read the contracts on your software licenses. 

If you don't bother to read and understand the contracts, you can't very well complain when they take whatever actions are specified in the contract. If you don't like it, and even if you take them to court, they'll pull out that you signed it on a specific user account using a specific machine (which is readily identified as yours) and you'll lose whatever you didn't know you had agreed to.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

#4 mileafly   Members   -  Reputation: 215

-1Likes

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:06 AM

I could read it, but I just wanted to ask if someone have a general idea what it entails? :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS