• Create Account

Unity 3d help!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 HassaanAtif   Members   -  Reputation: 130

0Likes

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hey fellas, So i am using Unity 3d and when i add a spotlight in the scene the light doesn't appear!! Please can anyone tell me why this happens!!
Thanks in advance!!tongue.png

Sponsor:

#2 DiegoSLTS   Members   -  Reputation: 1897

1Likes

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

Lights in Unity don't have a 3D model, they have 2D gizmos. Make sure you have gizmos turned on and that your light's position is not a weird number.

If you still can't find it, double click on the light in the hierarchy and you'll see the object in the editor's 3D view.

Edited by DiegoSLTS, 01 September 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#3 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22736

3Likes

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Make sure that lighting is turned on in the scene when editing, the lightbulb icon over the scene is a toggle for that. Many times when editing worlds it is nice to see everything regardless of the in-game light. It is easy to see it in action: if you are missing lights and hit the toggle the world will go dark.  Typically you want at least one light, usually a general directional light that provides ambient light to everything.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

#4 Gian-Reto   Members   -  Reputation: 1816

0Likes

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:19 AM

What the other two said....

Also make sure your light is not just somewhere in the back, where its lighting volume does not intersect with any scene geometry. Lights created from the menu are often placed in the far back for some reason. Check the position settings and the rotation.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS