where to travel for learning?

Started by
7 comments, last by Ohforf sake 9 years, 7 months ago

Hello guys i am studying computer science and i am going to the third year , so i have 2 years only left for graduation i would like to learn c++ for game programming , in my country there is no good places to teach programming and to be honest i passed the first 2 years without even setup the c# visual studio on my computer i was studying on the paper. education is very bad but i don't want to take it as a reason for my failure , sometimes i feel that programming is for smart people and not for me and the professional programmers has another brain different than mine and i feel that i am so stupid and will never be a good programmer and i will fail in all my life ( i dont have self confident at all and i dont like it) so i want to test the last thing i wanna go to learn programming in the right way and i wonder where is the best place to go for learning c++ and game development , india? or us or uk? and how much it will cost , and will i have to join a university from the begining or there are places that specialized in c++ and game programming only , and will it take another 4 years? thanks :)

Advertisement

Stanford University's many lectures on youtube, could be a nice starting point for tasting the merchandise before buying it. Free information *hint hint* without revealing the rest of that thread of thought. It's not an answer to your question, I know, but I'm just putting it out there. wink.png

Where do you live?

KrinosX

You can just simply use Internet ! There are great tutorials out there and you don't need to spend money (except for a computer & an internet connection). I think that the only problem would be that you don't really have a teacher that explains things directly to you but you can still ask questions online. I am sorry, I can't provide you with useful links to start because I learned programming on the internet but not in English so I don't know many good websites that teach programming in English. You can still look on the internet for tutorials in English or even in your mother tongue. All you need is motivation. Good luck !

Where do you live?

I am from Egypt

You can just simply use Internet ! There are great tutorials out there and you don't need to spend money (except for a computer & an internet connection). I think that the only problem would be that you don't really have a teacher that explains things directly to you but you can still ask questions online. I am sorry, I can't provide you with useful links to start because I learned programming on the internet but not in English so I don't know many good websites that teach programming in English. You can still look on the internet for tutorials in English or even in your mother tongue. All you need is motivation. Good luck !

exactly i would like to be in team work and learn in real life rather than the internet

Maybe you can learn with a friend.

still looking for answers ^.^

This isn't answering your question, but are you sure that you want to learn programming through an institution like a university?
I studied computer engineering, and we didn't have any C++ courses although it was expected of us to write an operating system core in C and assembly. We had one pro-forma java lecture but apart from that, basically everyone expected you to learn programming on your own. And honestly, I was happy for that. Like most things, programming requires a lot of practice. You don't learn it by listening to the guy at the projector hacking obscure things into a text editor. And you certainly won't learn it over the course of a single semester with only two hours per week allocated for it.

I believe no matter where you go, if you want to learn programming you have to do it yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement