• Create Account

Player movement

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Reack   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hi everybody,

So i'm creating 2d game for android and i got a question about player movement. Okey i wanted to ask which is better or more popular 1) Regular coordinate movement or 2) Background scrolling movement ? 

Thank you for you answers in advance :) .

Sponsor:

#2 tonemgub   Members   -  Reputation: 1164

0Likes

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

Background scrolling is not "player movement" - it is more like a side-effect of player movement. Or, if by "background scrolling" you mean moving all of the objects in the level, while always keeping the player at a fixed position, then performance-wise, this is a terrible idea compared to just changing the player position - it's just a huge waste of CPU cycles (or like trying to move the whole planet Earth under your feet to get from one point to another, because you're too lazy to walk :) ).

Edited by tonemgub, 04 September 2014 - 01:09 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS