Bugs - Chat room - Launch in a new window option - random kick events

Started by
4 comments, last by dsm1891 9 years, 7 months ago

1) When I press the button (inside the chat room) to launch the chat room into a new window I am autologged out of the gamedev site.

2) A recent thing (to my awareness) is random kick events where the user is autobooted - the user is informed by chat log that they have been kicked, while the chat log in the room itself simply shows the user has left the room. There seems also to be a time discrepancy with the notification of said event as you may experience nothing happening in chat find yourself kicked only to re-enter the room and discover that chat has been talking longer than the kick event notice.

Using Google Chrome

Advertisement
The chat is set to auto-kick anyone who is inactive for 10 hours - could that be the cause of problem #2, or does it seem to be more frequent?

- Jason Astle-Adams

The chat is set to auto-kick anyone who is inactive for 10 hours - could that be the cause of problem #2, or does it seem to be more frequent?

I've definitely had it happen to me a few times when I've been gone for less than 10 hours.

Blue got kicked earlier with approximately 15-20 minutes inactivity and similarly with others over different time periods - so definitely not a case of the 10 hour window.

Ok, thanks for the report and info guys. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Ok, thanks for the report and info guys. smile.png

Hey, I might be able to offer more information.

I was trying to lurk, and I was doing a good job. however, I got kicked, I was inactive for maybe 30 mins max, however, I have been in the chat for about 8 hours.

here is what my webpage told me when I retried to chat tab.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cd3u8yfji2ee5b/Screenshot%202014-09-13%2017.23.22.png?dl=0

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement