• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

2D DirectDraw BMP-Rotation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 SlimShady38   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 January 2000 - 06:11 PM

How do you rotate a Bitmap thats been loaded into an offscreen buffer by using an arbitrary angle. I NEED THIS ANSWER FOR A 2D FLYING GAME THAT''S DUE NEXT THURSDAY ON MY BOSS(father)''S DESK FOR HIM TO BUNDLE WITH NEW PC''S. THANKS!!!!!!!

Sponsor:

#2 Gromit   Members   -  Reputation: 144

Posted 16 January 2000 - 06:27 PM

Your still trying to figure out how to rotate a bitmap, and you have to have the game done by thursday?

must be some game.

How did you want to rotate the bitmap? DirectX? OpenGL? Glide? or software rotation?

#3 ZomeonE   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 January 2000 - 08:09 PM

Ok, if you''re 3d card can handle 2d hardware rotation, you could use that with the Blt function in Direct Draw.
But if you don''t have that you''ll have to use software. Take a look at this article which explains what you have to do:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/graphics/article811.asp

#4 Melo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 January 2000 - 03:22 AM

You should render each frame of your plane''s rotation, like it is done in the DX SDK sample programs. It is the easiest and fastest way...

Bye

#5 SlimShady38   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 January 2000 - 12:27 PM

Hey I''m Using DX (So use Hardware). It''s for the Missile graphics. They don''t need to change after I start rendering them. I just need to turn the surface it''s loaded in to the angle the ship shoots at. I got it to shoot pixels right but you don''t need to rotate a pixel. The missile will fly in a straight line.

#6 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 17 January 2000 - 12:27 PM

Hey I''m Using DX (So use Hardware). It''s for the Missile graphics. They don''t need to change after I start rendering them. I just need to turn the surface it''s loaded in to the angle the ship shoots at. I got it to shoot pixels right but you don''t need to rotate a pixel. The missile will fly in a straight line.

#7 SlimShady38   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 January 2000 - 01:46 PM

Related Question: How do you use lpDDSBack->Blt();

I figured out it can be rotated from there, but i can even get it to render from here.

thanks

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS