need advice on animation system

Started by
0 comments, last by riuthamus 9 years, 6 months ago

hello.

im working on a 3d game for pc and i need to make animations by hand frame bye frame. i need to know what feature diffrent kind of animations need to have .

for example a looping animation like walking or running how i works? which position should i start and which position to end. or interacting animations how they work or sitting animation should i create animation between standing crouching or sitting and crouching and runnig and....?

in udk there is animtree that i think it creates some middleposition animations that make animation more smoothly but in engine like unity that there are just scripts how can make my anmations that behave anc change state more soft and smooth?

i know my question is alittle general but at least tell me how to start or give me a good refrence.

thank you for helping

Advertisement

It depends on the engine you are using. Unity and Unreal both have stuff in place for tweening between and creating masks so you dont have to worry about making all those transition things. Sadly, if you make your own engine like I did you have to do all that stuff or have the coders create the tween/masking code for your animations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement