• Create Account

Displaydevice selection

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 lacsap   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 November 2001 - 12:49 AM

I'm pretty new to OpenGL programming, and now I'm following the tutorials made by NeHe, but I've got a problem: My computer has 2 videocards; a "standard" video card (with 2 MB memory), and a 3DFx voodoo2. With all these programs here, the program automatically sets my primary device as the displaydriver. How can I choose between diffirent videocards, so I can run all the programs like they should. (even while I'm rendering a single triangle and a quad to the screen, my framerate is about 4, 5 fps.) Can someone help me with this ? Edited by - lacsap on November 8, 2001 7:49:34 AM

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 08 November 2001 - 04:45 AM

Hmm, anyone already thought of creating a FAQ about this OpenGL forum ? This is one of those questions that are asked at least twice a week.

OK: the 3dfx OpenGL driver is not standard, to choose your Voodoo2 as the default OpenGL card you have to rename 3dfxvgl.dll to opengl32.dll, it will then be used for *all* OpenGL apps. If you want to use it for a single OGL app only, then copy 3dfxvgl.dll to the apps directory and rename it as above.

- AH

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS