My acclaimed introduction :D

Started by
-1 comments, last by wartimespark 9 years, 4 months ago
Hi gamedev.net I didn't see a intro section but I figure I'll post one before I start hammering my keyboard with questions.. I can't believe I've gone this long without finding yall. An active community forum is a wonderful resource and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and swapping fluids I mean knowledge along the way wub.png
Anyway after finishing (abandoning) my first game, ship.game available free on Play Store, I want to make a 3D game, but it is turning out to be quite the endevour. I much prefer the scripting side of things, but I want to know the graphics side as well, so the last few weeks have been learning just the tip of the iceberg in a few 3D programs ZBrush, Maya, Modo... but it's so much to take in. As with anything though the path to mastery is one step at a time.
My "learning" project is a modernized WC3-esque recreation of tower defense for android (for now) with focus on simplicity of control and good looking graphics. I use Unity for everything because making ship.game was a breeze from the game engine side of things. Albiet most of the development was through scripting, but there was always a solution and it never felt like the engine got in my way.
However, 3D is a different playing field it seems. I hope I don't get banned for asking so many questions. I'll try to keep my ratio of ask/answers at least at 50% biggrin.png
Link to my current problem I've been wrestling with for days: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/663289-unity-normal-maps-no-effect/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement