Scripting Language for Java

Started by
1 comment, last by CulDeVu 9 years, 4 months ago

Hello there!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good scripting language that can be used with Java. The majority of the ones I've seen are compile the scripts to .jar's in order to interface well with the JVM, but that's not really what I'm looking for. What I'd really like is something like the LuaBind or the Boost Python libraries for C++, but for Java.

I know there's the Java ScriptManager, but javascript syntax makes my eyes bleed.

What I really want, I guess is an interpreter that:

- Uses Lua or Python or some other fast-prototyping language

- Can call script functions and operate on script data from inside the Java program and

- Can invoke Java methods and operate with Java objects from inside the script

Thanks!

I'm sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes or any undue brevity, as I'm most likely typing on my phone

"Hell, there's more evidence that we are just living in a frequency wave that flows in harmonic balance creating the universe and all its existence." ~ GDchat

Advertisement

Look at the official list of Lua Implementations, specifically the Java section.

A good half of those are full Lua VMs implemented directly in Java, so no mucking around with jar files or JNI required.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for! :)

I'm sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes or any undue brevity, as I'm most likely typing on my phone

"Hell, there's more evidence that we are just living in a frequency wave that flows in harmonic balance creating the universe and all its existence." ~ GDchat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement