What exactly should I study, and more importantly, where can I start?

Started by
2 comments, last by CCH Audio 9 years, 2 months ago

Hey everyone.

I'll be 16 soon, and basically everyone and everything (School, parents, myself, ...) is slowly pressuring me to start choosing the "direction" I'm going to take in my future life - What to study, what "type" of "highschool" to select (In France you can choose between three, "Sciences", "Economics", and "Literature"). This isn't really a problem for now tho, since I have some basic ideas what to do (I'll surely go to "Sciences" and study something like Computer Engineering with one or two years of marketing after, but this information really is useless for this thread). My question is rather, what can I do and what should I know for later? I mean, I just watched an university-lecture on youtube and this seems really fun - And since I like programming and other computer-related stuff, I'd like maybe already starting to do something useful for later. So, is there anything important that should be known?

I hope this post was understandable, since my english isn't really good and I'm bad at explaining myself too...

Kind regards,

Flyverse

Advertisement

So, is there anything important that should be known?

Yes. Please read the links in the forum FAQ.

what can I do and what should I know for later?

That depends on what you want later. You seem to assume that we know what it is you want to do with your education - but you didn't say! Read the FAQs for sure. Maybe start with this one: http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson34.htm ("What should I study?") or this one: http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson7.htm ("Types of jobs in the game industry")

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Do something you enjoy doing. You'll be far more successful in both your education and eventually your work if you follow a path you're passionate about. Choices may seem overwhelming at the moment, but you'll be glad for them in the future. Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement