• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Beginner that wants to learn fast to create a game and program out of this world

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

#1 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

0Likes

Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Can Someone help me get off my feet into the world of game design and programming.

Sponsor:

#2 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

0Likes

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Does anybody know how to reprogram a scanner to scan cards.

#3 Tangletail   Members   -  Reputation: 330

1Likes

Posted Today, 01:52 AM

Let me put this down like the people of california give directions.

You ain't getting there from here.

It's a slow start dude. Start off with 3Dbuzz. They do a good job walking you through programming. They also do xna I believe, which is C#. A more... recommended language.

Edited by Tangletail, Today, 01:52 AM.

#4 braindigitalis   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2773

0Likes

Posted Today, 02:02 AM

Why the rush?

Start small, start 2d, implement small simple games before you even think out of this world.

You have to learn to walk before you can run to a car, to drive to a space rocket and fly to Mars...

Games Currently In Development:
Currently rewriting Firework Factory - Casual Puzzler for PC in Direct3D 11. Latest Journal Entry: Making my own SpriteFont implementation (05-Feb-2015).

#5 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

0Likes

Posted Today, 02:41 AM

Sure you could start small to slowly level up but wouldn't you gain more through a harder quest rather than that of a trip to the supermarket.

#6 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

0Likes

Posted Today, 02:44 AM

And if it's to difficult I would have a helping hand from my senpai of the game dev forum.

#7 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

-1Likes

Posted Today, 02:51 AM

"Why the Rush?"
To get to my dream of making a technology and gaming industries and create a better future by giving constant funding to charities around the world that need it and also create a better system that would put criminals into jail.
That why and everybody has a past they don't want to share.

#8 braindigitalis   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2773

1Likes

Posted Today, 03:09 AM

I am not sure what exactly you are saying.

You need to slow down, lay off the babble and state slowly and clearly what you want to create, gamedev wise.

Charities and putting bad guys in jail aren't related are they? 

You do need to start small, you cannot start big or you WILL fail. This is a fact of life. Do people go from never having touched a basketball to NBA level in a day, or become Gordon Ramsey at birth when given a kids toy kitchen? They do not.

Certain skills are cultivated easier in the minds of certain people, but even those people need to hone their skills and start with the basic concepts.

For example, how much programming have you done before, or design and creative writing?

I repeat, start small, or no doubt we will see another endless loop of "how do I create an mmorpg cod mw 5"...

Edited by braindigitalis, Today, 03:10 AM.

Currently rewriting Firework Factory - Casual Puzzler for PC in Direct3D 11. Latest Journal Entry: Making my own SpriteFont implementation (05-Feb-2015).

#9 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

-2Likes

Posted Today, 03:21 AM

Ok then teach me step by step then

#10 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

-2Likes

Posted Today, 03:23 AM

As you would

#11 braindigitalis   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2773

0Likes

Posted Today, 03:29 AM

Ok then teach me step by step then

I can't teach you, I can only advise. Everyone else here will give the same answer.

Start by learning to program, and then  develop those skills. You should start with this site and Google, look in the articles and tutorials. 

Pick an easy programming language like python or look at game maker, a program aimed at people who can't or don't want to learn in depth programming to be able to make games.

There are a few basic concepts that are important to be aware of, such as how a game loops around over and over, accepting input and drawing the graphics to the display.

Good luck!

#12 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

-2Likes

Posted Today, 03:40 AM

Can someone show me a good tutorial site on coding and programming?

#13 SteveHatcher   Members   -  Reputation: 631

1Likes

Posted Today, 03:47 AM

pretty sure hes trolling

don't waste ur time on this topic anymore

#14 Nil of the West   Members   -  Reputation: 65

-2Likes

Posted Today, 03:55 AM

Don't assume something/someone you don't have evidence on

#15 braindigitalis   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2773

0Likes

Posted Today, 05:03 AM

pretty sure hes trolling

don't waste ur time on this topic anymore

I agree and as they say on dragons den, I'm out.

PARTNERS