Question about reputation system

Started by
15 comments, last by frob 8 years, 11 months ago

Sorry this shouldn't posted here, but I'm trying to improve myself. English is not my language, so sorry if I offend anyone by saying something offensive. I have neverposted anything like this before. I have a question that is "titled" 'shadow mapping problem'. I included every details that ( i can't really say it is objectively, since this is just what i think it is) i think is irrvelent, and pictures/snapshots i think highlights where the problem is. I'm sure my question is really basic, and there must be professionals here. I know I'm not paying anyone money to answer my questions.

I know and I don't wish people to answer my question. I just would like to know why my reply to my question got a downvote, and is there something wrong in my original question. Thanks for your time and patience. Thanks.

Advertisement

You were down voted by "DoctorGlow", who from what I can tell, only down votes members.

That being said, you down voted the member who asked a very legitimate question. If you are going to down vote everyone that asks why you are doing something, you are going to be down voting a lot of people!

I can't speak for DoctorGlow,but I'm guessing he downvoted him because of the way he replied to the member trying to help him.

There are a lot of professionals here and we all are happy to help answer questions free of charge, but don't worry about downvotes that much and just focus on learning and building your games.

I've seen DoctorGlow downvote many posts with good questions, so just ignore his downvote.

I've seen DoctorGlow downvote many posts with good questions, so just ignore his downvote.

That is what I was thinking until I saw that stonehat down voted a very relevant question. There would seem to be some confusion as to the purpose of down voting posts...

That is what I was thinking until I saw that stonehat down voted a very relevant question. There would seem to be some confusion as to the purpose of down voting posts...

Can you tell me why that question is relevant? You called your way of referring to me a polite way of communicating with people? Why do people always see problem in my questions? People can downvote my questions or replies, but I can't do the same to others? You are nice and polite to other people but I'm an exception, because of what?

You are nice and polite to other people but I'm an exception, because of what?

I never said that. What I said was that WiredCat's question was not worthy of a down vote. I will say this. Publicly worrying about why you are getting down voted and getting upset because of it is a sure way to get further down votes. I should down vote your above comment because of its abrasive nature and accusational tone, but I wont. In the other thread you were down voted by a member that goes around down voting people for very little cause. We don't know why and I'm not sure if it has been addressed with the staff.

Ignore your reputation score. It will build with time.

Can you tell me why that question is relevant? You called your way of referring to me a polite way of communicating with people? Why do people always see problem in my questions? People can downvote my questions or replies, but I can't do the same to others? You are nice and polite to other people but I'm an exception, because of what?

You're not an exception. We have stated not to worry about the upvoting and downvoting as the reputation isn't what you should be worrying about as a beginner. You should be focusing on learning and nothing else.

He was asking a question to try and understand your code and your answer was to simply blow him off and tell him that wasn't the issue. If you want help you have go be ready to give a detailed explanation of what you want or are trying to do, show the code that is giving the problem, and answer all questions as it will lead to a solution quicker than just brushing it off as not being the problem. The way you came off in your reply to WiredCat and the way you are responding to MarkS will make no one want to help due purely on perceived image you are creating in everyone's mind. Stay calm and answer questions while asking questions to understand, but there is no reason to be short with a person trying to help you while getting clarification of your code and why you have certain calls.

You were down voted by "DoctorGlow", who from what I can tell, only down votes members.

[Emphasis mine]

Just to avoid false accusations -- the bolded part is not correct.

Hello to all my stalkers.

It's not false. You can look at a member's reputation as well as their up and down votes in their profile. He down votes a lot and many times for questionable reasons and without comment. I didn't just spout off some random and unfounded accusation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement