virtual pet game

Started by
3 comments, last by vicked 8 years, 10 months ago

Hi

I would like make virtual pet style game for iOS... can you tell me how to begin? how tools I must use/download, engines etc. Also, If you have some tutorials witch could help me please let me know, thanx.

Advertisement

I recommend you start with the FAQ.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Also potentially useful, the Mobile and Console FAQ with a list of mobile-friendly cross platform tools, so you can do the bulk of the work on the PC where development is far easier.

Note that developing for mobile adds a rather significant additional complexity. If you don't know how to do a similar thing on the PC, then it is probably unwise to start out doing it on a mobile device. The cross platform tools help in that matter, since you can solve the problems on the PC and then it usually works well on the devices.

I would also decide whether you want to start with the visual piece (rendering a pet, having it do things, etc) or the gameplay piece (keeping it fed, watered, happy, etc). They're very different aspects to work on.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

thank you for advices. primary function would be option 2 - (keeping it fed, watered, happy, etc).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement