• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

how to learn c#

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 md4friends   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted Today, 11:07 AM

hey guys  in this time  i study program and already have some bases in other language like Pascal, visual basic .. and i want to  learn C # to be able to do my unity in games but mostly to understand how the code ... I agree to suggestions for be programmed in C #
thank you all
md4friends

Sponsor:

#2 WozNZ   Members   -  Reputation: 314

0Likes

Posted Today, 03:23 PM

When you say VB do you mean VB6 or VB.NET, if the latter then the move to C# is mostly just syntax as they are very similar to each other C# just being more terse C style syntax.

If you know VB.NET there are tools that will translate VB.NET to C# so you can see how the syntax changes. From memory I believe sharedevelop does this http://www.icsharpcode.net/opensource/sd/

#3 bartm4n   Members   -  Reputation: 307

0Likes

Posted Today, 03:33 PM

When I want to learn how to do something I typically look for books on Amazon or free tutorials on Google

#4 jacmoe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1962

0Likes

Posted Today, 03:37 PM

Buy a good old-fashioned book about C# and start learning.

The only way to the the hang of a new language is to use it. I guess that's where Unity comes into the picture.

But for learning the ins and the outs of a language, nothing beats a book. It's the perfect form factor IMO.

Of course, I am old school..

Don't pick a dumbed down teach yourself in 21 hours/days kind of book, a proper tome that appeals to you.

You need to know how the language works, why it works that way, what makes it tick.

<edit>

Also, check the date of the book and the version of .NET - it is important. You don't want to learn deprecated stuff...

</edit>

Edited by jacmoe, Today, 03:39 PM.

More signal, less noise

#5 md4friends   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted Today, 03:52 PM

thank you guys for your answers, some of you know cool tutorials on the internet? in relation to books recommend a particular book?

cumps, md4friends

#6 WozNZ   Members   -  Reputation: 314

0Likes

Posted Today, 08:20 PM

The Wrox books are good. I learnt c# back in the day using the .NET 2 version of this one http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/C-5-0-Programmer-s-Reference.productCd-1118847288.html

PARTNERS