Assimp .NET installing

Started by
4 comments, last by stu_pidd_cow 8 years, 10 months ago

I'm trying to compile Assimp 3.1.1 for C# but I'm not having much lucksad.png

I've tried downloading the windows binaries as well as the source code. When I try to compile the source (at \port\Assimp.NET\) with Visual Studio 2013, I get an error saying:

Error 3 error MSB8020: The build tools for Visual Studio 2012 (Platform Toolset = 'v110') cannot be found. To build using the v110 build tools, please install Visual Studio 2012 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Upgrade Solution...". C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets 64 5 Assimp_NET
If I upgrade the solution, the upgrade fails.
I'm curious if anyone has gotten it to work? Or is there an alternative library for loading models that I haven't heard of?
Cheers.
Advertisement

I just tried it out and it works for me.

I downloaded the zip from https://github.com/assimp/assimp-net, unzipped it and ran the AssimpNet solution in the folder. No problems at all.

Thanks, JayPhi!

It turns out I was downloading the wrong one. Worked pretty smoothly.

Ok, now I've got another error dry.png

When I create a new AssimpContext, an exception is thrown claiming

Error loading unmanaged library from path: Assimp32.dll, see inner exception for details.

The specified module could not be found.

I thought maybe I don't have the DLL in the right place, but the exception is being thrown inside the DLL.

Any ideas?

Have you put your compiled Assimp32.dll and Assimp64.dll from .../AssimpNet/bin/... into your projects .../bin/... folder, next to your exe output?

Yeah, that was it. Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement