Tips on my trailer's audio?

Started by
2 comments, last by CCH Audio 8 years, 9 months ago

Hey there, folks!
I'm wrapping up the music and sound on a small free-to-play title, and we're trying to finish a trailer to pitch the game. Here and there we've gotten a few varying responses to certain aspects of the audio, and I wanted to run it all by you to see if you'd have any suggestions!

So... any tips?

Advertisement

I can hardly hear the music it's so far in the background. The Voice-Over sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom. If it can't be rerecorded I would try to match the verb on the music to the VO. Bring the music up a good bit and dig a hole for it around 3k so the VO can cut through.

That's exactly the kind of feedback I've been looking for, CCH Audio. Thanks for the tips! I think the audio still has some bad post-recording reverb, so there's a chance to fix it quite a bit.

If you can't get the non-effects audio, izotope makes a deverb plugin that works surprisingly well.

Also like I was saying when you bring up the music it's going to be fighting for frequency with the VO. But, most of what we hear as intelligible speech is right around the 3khz mark. So if you cut the music at 3khz like 8dbs or so with a q around +/- 1khz you'll be able to hear what you want from the music while still bring able to hear and understand the VO clearly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement