• Create Account

I'd like to create a 3D Choice based game.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cillian00   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

Hello I'd like to create a 3D Choice Based game with my friend, I have map making experience and will be learning C++ very soon yet I have experience is basic engine eg source-engine/lua for garry's mod workshop making.

We were wondering if we could get help in ways of making it, the best way we can. We have the time and can get some money.

We would like to create this game on the PC Platform and as of now have no idea what type of program/engine we need to base this off of. Or if we need to create one of our own.

We would like to create a tell-tale STYLE of game yet make a more original theme that we can create.

Examples of what we want to create

- The 3D Animations

- The Popup choices

- The integration of HUD

and all the other parts of the game

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading. If you need any more information just ask

Sponsor:

#2 Ovicior   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1317

1Likes

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:41 PM

[Moderator edit: Combative content removed]

Some engines I found:

2D
  • Agen (Lua; Windows)
  • Blitwizard (Lua; Windows, Linux, Mac)
  • Cocos2d-x (C++/Lua/JS; Windows, Linux, Mac; iOS/Android/BlackBerry)
  • Corona (Lua; Windows, Mac; iOS/Android)
  • EGSL (Pascal/Lua; Windows, Linux, Mac, Haiku)
  • Grail Adventure Game Engine (C++/Lua; Windows, Linux, MacOS X (SDL))
  • LÖVE (Lua; Windows, Linux, Mac)
  • MOAI (C++/Lua; Windows, Linux, Mac; iOS, Android; Google Chrome (Native Client))
2.5D3DDon't pick something like Cryengine as a beginner tool. I just left it there just so you were aware of it.

Edited by frob, Yesterday, 04:36 PM.
Moderation.

What will you make?

#3 Looniper   Members   -  Reputation: 214

0Likes

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 PM

We were wondering if we could get help in ways of making it, the best way we can

- The 3D Animations

- The Popup choices

- The integration of HUD
Tell-Tale

It sounds like you want to create something akin to choose-your-way books with multimedia presentation.
If that is the case, you don't really need much programming, and there are 'engines' for simplifying the task.
Chose Your Own Adventure engine, Gamebook engine, or learn javascript and make your own.
This is assuming the 3D animations can be pre-rendered in a format that fits seamlessly into the resulting pages made with a product specifically for that purpose, Poser, Maya, etc.

If you need something that renders real time based on interaction than it will be something more complex.

If this is not your goal, more specific details will help others to provide you more useful assistance.

Edited by Looniper, Yesterday, 02:15 PM.

#4 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 34926

0Likes

Posted Yesterday, 04:33 PM

Moderator hat on.

This is the For Beginners forum and special rules apply.  I've cleaned up and removed some of these first replies.

Sorry about that Cillian00  for your first impressions, usually this place is a little more civil, and For Beginners is supposed to be a safe place to ask questions like this.

Let's try again.  

Moderator hat off.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I occasionally write about assorted stuff.

#5 Cillian00   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted Today, 01:21 PM

Moderator hat on.

This is the For Beginners forum and special rules apply.  I've cleaned up and removed some of these first replies.

Sorry about that Cillian00  for your first impressions, usually this place is a little more civil, and For Beginners is supposed to be a safe place to ask questions like this.

Let's try again.  

Moderator hat off.

Appreciate it, but I'd like to know if I can get this question answered like. I'm learning unity right now and I was wondering if I can be told the best way to learn the things I have above. C#?

PARTNERS