• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Texture Mapping Newie

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tasselhof   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 November 2001 - 12:37 AM

Hi all, I''m new to OpenGL and try to learn OpenGL by reading NeHe Lessions. At lession 6 there is a sample of texture mapping, which runs perfectly. The tutorial shows how to map one texture to all the sides of the cube by using glBindTexture before glBegin(GL_QUADS). In the tutorial it is mentioned that you must use glBindTexture outside of glBegin. How do I map different textures to different sides of the cube?? A little bit of code would be nice. Thanks in advance, Tasselhof

Sponsor:

#2 Null and Void   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1087

Posted 19 November 2001 - 12:52 AM

You load 6 textures, then call glBindTexture with a different texture before you render each side. You''d have to put each side in its own glBegin/glEnd set, since you can''t call glBindTexture within one.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

#3 Tasselhof   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 November 2001 - 11:41 PM

Thanks, that was the information I needed.

Cheers, Tasselhof

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS