• Create Account

python and Gaming!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 nomibegood   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 November 2001 - 12:45 AM

Hello guys can any body tell me if there is any commercial game which uses python for anything in the game , can python be used for game programming or game scripting? -- is there any place to get gamecube sdk just curious thanks

Sponsor:

#2 black_mage_s   Banned   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 19 November 2001 - 12:49 AM

you cant get the GCN or GBA SDKs unless nintendo contacts you pretty much, they decided not to release the SDKs because they would be too high in demand, plus i doubt you have the resources to actually publish a playable version of the game
ie. Mini DVD burners, and the stuff they use to check localization of the disk

#3 Fruny   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1653

Posted 19 November 2001 - 12:56 AM

Commercial games, I don''t know, but the python page points to several games done with python. How much python, I don''t know, I haven''t checked their source code (open source is good).

I''d assume python can handle game scripting since you can call C from python and vice-versa.

I''m learning that language myself, so I won''t elaborate further.

#4 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 19 November 2001 - 10:32 PM

Severance - Blade of Darkness use python as scriptengine (http://www.rebelact.com/severance/index.shtml)

#5 Bunnz   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 19 November 2001 - 10:58 PM

Hi

Python itself is really good. Even small games can be written with Python easily.
For real games - Python is often too slow.

Python can also be used as scripting language in games. The only disadvantage is the overhead to allow the execution of C++ methods within Python - but it is possible.

That''s why I''m currently working on another scripting language similar to C++/Java which is tightly connected with the C++ Engine which allows calling C++ method from the Scripting Engine with nearly no overhead!

www.bunnz.com

Have fun
Bunnz

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS