Started by
5 comments, last by The Lost OST 8 years ago

Hi!

I've been busy working on my next project and I am at the point where a bit of feedback could work miracles (meaning I've heard the tune over a thousand times already and I'm 100% biased).
This song is supposed to be a track for a location/event in an RPG: a live show in a bar full of shady ghost-like/monstrous characters. Someone already pointed out that the panning is all over the place, and personally I'm wondering whether or not the composition is too chaotic. I've crammed in about five pretty different themes in 3 minutes and loads of different instruments, so I'm not sure if that'd work for someone who hasn't heard the track before.

Any feedback at all would be very much appreciated!

- The Lost OST

Advertisement

Very nice music Lost OST. I personally like swing rhythm too. But, I have a question for you. Are those ghosts kind of funny or scary monsters?

Ari Hakim

Music Composer & Sound Designer

Soundcloud

Youtube channel

Depok, Indonesia

Thanks smile.png Heh, good question. They sometimes pretend to be scary, but in reality they're just a bunch of friendly monsters that like to have some fun.

I've progressed a bit further, this is what it sounds like now:

OIC. If they're monsters who like to have some fun this composition is adequate. You may get a cool quality sound if you use vst plugins or sf2 soundbanks.

Ari Hakim

Music Composer & Sound Designer

Soundcloud

Youtube channel

Depok, Indonesia

Alright, well, I've decided to draw the line and call it finished. Of course, feedback is still very much appreciated, but I'll be starting on my next project from here. Here's the latest update!

Nice stuff! The variation of the themes and the sounds are very well done, but personally I find that it is a tad too much though. Probably cutting it down to 3-4 'sections' will be just nice. Well that also depends on whether the track is meant to be looped and how long the player will stay in the location/event in-game.

Thanks! Yeah, I agree, in the end the song as it is isn't suitable for in-game BGM; like you say, making it more loopable by extensively trimming the variations should work. Thanks for the feedback and for listening in!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement