Visual C++ problem or what?

Started by
2 comments, last by Gf11speed 22 years, 5 months ago
I was wondering why my compiler (Visual C++ 6.0) changes screen resolution and goes into a dos window while I compile. This annoying if you know what I mean. Is this normal? How can I fix it? Thanks! *==================* www.syntasoft.com *==================*
Greg FieldsSyntasoft Gameswww.syntasoft.comPost-Time Horse Racing (Available Now)
Advertisement
Here''s a little tip (I''m tired, so I might be grumpy): it''s your fault. It''s always your fault. And when it''s not your fault, you''ll have the experience to know. Until then, it''s your fault.

Now, that said, I''m 100% sure that VC does not "switch resolutions" or "go into a DOS window" when you compile. What is happening is that you are compile a Windows Console application (the default project type). When you try to execute such a program, Windows allocates a console for your program to run in. If you want graphical controls, look into the Win32 API.

Oh, and RTFM.
Ahh, actually your wrong. I have been working on this project for while now, and it hasn''t done this before. Its not a DOS application, its a windows DirectX application. Visual C++ compiles the program in a dos window with a blank screen, and then when its finished compiling, BEFORE it runs the program, it goes back to windows.

*==================*
www.syntasoft.com
*==================*
Greg FieldsSyntasoft Gameswww.syntasoft.comPost-Time Horse Racing (Available Now)
You might have set your display options for your command shell to be full-screen instead of windowed, although I don''t recall my MSVC ever using a DOS window to do its compiling. I definitely don''t see an option to do it. What pops up in the dos window? Maybe you have a pre-build or post-build batch file? I thought that output was routed to the output window of MSVC, though. That''s a bizarre problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement