How should I build the projects in "Learning Game AI Programming with Lua"?

Started by
2 comments, last by HarrySpiderman 8 years ago

Hello everybody! Has anybody here read the book "Learning Game AI Programming with Lua"? I'm interested in Game AI Programming, and I found this book an excellent guidance. But it seems that I can do nothing at all for now (maybe except that I successfully created a VS 2012 solution file), because when I tried to build the first project, chapter_1_introduction, I got tons of error messages. Since the errors are really too many, it's not practical to paste them here; however, if it can really help solve the problem, I copied the first few lines here:

1>d:\books\gamaicode\1336os_code\src\freetype\src\autofit\afcjk.c(1939): error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
1>d:\books\gamaicode\1336os_code\src\freetype\src\autofit\afcjk.c(1939): warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page (936). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss
5>------ Build started: Project: ois, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>D:\Books\GamAICode\1336OS_Code\src\ogre3d_procedural\include\ProceduralLathe.h : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
4>D:\Books\GamAICode\1336OS_Code\src\ogre3d_procedural\include\ProceduralLathe.h : warning C4819: The file contains a character that cannot be represented in the current code page (936). Save the file in Unicode format to prevent data loss

I think this may have something to do with the project settings; for example, configuring the DirectX SDK's header files and libs may be necessary. In fact, I have tried to do that, but it didn't help, and the first few lines seem to have nothing to do with DirectX. (In case it really has something to do with DirectX, my DirectX SDK is the August 2009 version.)
So how should I build these projects? The book itself said little about building projects, at least in the first 30 pages. I wish the author, Mr. Young, will pay a visit to this website and hopefully he will notice this topic and enlighten me. :lol:

The worst result of having dreams is awaking.

Advertisement

It looks like its treating warning as errors, u can disable that. See

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2520853/warning-as-error-how-to-rid-these

-ddn

-ddn

Thank you so much! Although that website didn't do me great help (seems it is about C# projects, instead of C++ projects in my problem), I found the answer elsewhere. I individually configured related projects like this: open the "Properties" window, in the Configuration drop-down list, select "All Configurations" and then go to "Configuration Properties"->"C/C++"->"General", and then disable the "Treat Warnings As Errors" field. Then finally I can build and run at least the first few projects!

However, still one problem remain: why does it show "error start processing" when I open the projects' corresponding Decoda projects and then take the debug action? Do I have to manually inform Decoda something necessary?

-ddn

And a seemly more serious problem is: every model in the game scene, except the skybox, has no texture attached! That's really odd, because when I run the programs, no exceptions are thrown. But maybe the textures are to be manually loaded later?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement