• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

AI for Hockey

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xipe   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 20 January 2000 - 01:44 AM

I have been SO pissed at that shit that EA Sports throws at us and calls hockey for a long time now so I feel like exploring the AI involved to see what could be done if you intricatly know hockey. Any pointers at what types of AI routines to look at and any available resources would be very helpful. Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 DarkAvatar   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 20 January 2000 - 08:10 AM

Your best bet for this kind of situation is a Finate State Machine. You would proably want to use fuzzy logic variables in the machine, as well. You can have varying degrees of "truth" to several variables, and then switch states (pass, shoot, etc, etc, etc) depending on the relative state of the variables. I''m not a big hockey person, so I''m not sure what variables would be appropriate to quantify the situation.
You might also look into the A* algorithm (or it''s cousin the SMA*) for best-path determination.
Hope this helps.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS