• Create Account

Convert Wma To Wav

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1   Members   

0Likes

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:39 AM

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is, but I need to convert WMA files to WAV.  An algorithm would be fine, but actually if anyone knows of any free software that will do it, that would be great!

(Please not a website that I submit and then download a converted file, and not something that expires, like Total Audio Converter.  That works great but then it stops.)

#2   Members   

1Likes

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:02 AM

I think VLC player can do this.

#3   Senior Moderators   

0Likes

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

Foobar2000 has the capacity as well, I believe. If you were to do it in code, you'd probably use the DirectShow APIs.

SlimDX | Shark Eaters for iOS | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Proud supporter of diversity and inclusiveness in game development

#4   Members   

2Likes

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:57 AM

can't u do it with audacity? in their wiki it sates: "You can install the optional FFmpeg library to import a much larger range of audio formats including AC3, AMR(NB), M4A, MP4 and WMAhttp://manual.audacityteam.org/man/importing_audio.html

with it beein imported you can then export it to a various range of formats including WAV.

#5   Members   

0Likes

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:22 PM

Format Factory can handle most conversions

http://www.pcfreetime.com/

But, like Absurdon, I also use Audacity for audio conversions.

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

#6   Members   

0Likes

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:17 AM

i've been using iWisoft Free Video Converter for media file type conversion. It can convert a wide range of codecs and supports audio conversion too.

edit: its free

#7   Members   

0Likes

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:35 AM

I tried Audacity, but it won't let me import WMA files because they're patented and proprietary (but that doesn't necessarily seem to stop programs).

#8   Moderators   

0Likes

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

I've used Switch for quick, simply batch conversions and it works great.

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Austin, TX USA

#9   Members   

0Likes

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

I don't believe this.  I want to convert files from WMA to WAV for free, but maybe I should clarify that when I say free, I mean WITHOUT registration or any kind of DRM.  I absolutely HATE that garbage, and the computer I'm running it on doesn't have an Internet connection so there's no way I can, or would, register it.

I tried to use the Free MP3 WMA WAV converter software that claims to be free, but then requires registration.  I call that a price!

Would someone please recommend one that is actually both free and DRM free?

At the very least, could I please have an algorithm to write my own?  But I would really prefer just a program to do it for me.  Thank you!

#10   Members   

0Likes

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

I've never checked if winamp can open WMA files or not, but it can write anything it can play to WAV files. I don't know if winamp can be downloaded still or not. Their web page looks like the llama got fed up and whipped back.

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.