• Create Account

Game-Hobby

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 speed2   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted Today, 01:03 PM

Well I have small team of friends and we decided to make game, so a lot of problems causing us to think twice, wel first of all map, well map we thinking in future create a huge x> 1000k km, so only plausible solution is to cut into sections and render for client only 10km range(first we just thinking just stay in 100m), another thing is we make game in first person that you do actions in first person like you click, push or just watch it some things in game clock, compass, etc, next is keeping clients in 100km2(10x10) map if they in that position at least 100 that would be fine, how we should maintain it? and also weather and makes good looking in grapchic(we have talented 3d designer so he good with that), so main question which grapchic engine could provide us to these request? Thank you.

Also for objects object like house as a main object and child object is TV what should do in smart way if i want take out TV from house through game. Thank you guys for answers, I'd like to see smart answers, also if you dont understand(because in my head too much ideas), just say it and i try to rexplain it.

I have few ideas unreal engine and cryengine(damm it eats alive pc)

Edited by speed2, Today, 01:30 PM.

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 39066

0Likes

Posted Today, 02:02 PM

only 10km range(first we just thinking just stay in 100m)

10 square kilometers is huge.

Most of the bigger level maps I've worked with are on the scale of 1-4 square kilometers.

Yes, worlds need to be broken down. Unless your worlds are quite sparse or are automatically generated and populated, that is probably too large of an area.

so main question which grapchic engine could provide us to these request? Thank you.

Any of them.

All the major engines allow loading and unloading of world regions.  It needs some programmer support and each one does it somewhat differently, but they all support it.

Also for objects object like house as a main object and child object is TV what should do in smart way if i want take out TV from house through game.

Object ownership models are based on the engine you use.  You might attach the TV object to the player's avatar using a carry system, or you might have an inventory on the player where an interaction puts the object into the inventory, or you might do something else entirely.  How that works is up to you. 

Edited by frob, Today, 02:44 PM.
a word.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I occasionally write about assorted stuff.

#3 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 39066

0Likes

Posted Today, 02:04 PM

Also, moving this to For Beginners.  It is too topical to be in the lounge, and not concrete enough for most other areas of the site.

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I occasionally write about assorted stuff.

#4 cozzie   Members   -  Reputation: 4174

0Likes

Posted Today, 02:24 PM

Hi. Not to burst your bubble, but is this the first game you're going to create with the team?
If so, my advice would be to first start with something smaller, just to find out if it works as a team and to see if you can finish a full game using this approach. If so, you'll have a good starting point for a game a bit bigger (more assets, set up an asset pipeline, code management etc. Is quite a thing if you've never done it before).

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

#5 speed2   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

Well for me it first time, 75% team is have small minigames, also recently we met 3d designer why not to try a 3d?
Also where I mention about tv, i have in mind that object could be damaged and it lost its inside objects, like you have house and inside nice tv, and with crane you hit in house and your tv fall down, thats the trick what is better attach tv to house or model tv with house and make as a child object?
Also about map 10km yeah in fps its actually too much well optimal maybe 5, if you have good sniper or want use artillery or similar things, also map is static well if game development shows good result its plan to make 100000km2 map with 4-5km2 render range, actually map is sub-static, it means it will be damaged by player or players objects, also we trying achieve learning-creating skills well unreal engine shows a good results in our request.
To moderators: If my thread in wrong section please relocate in correct one, thank you.
Right now is a recon job to gather all info we needed before we start making first models and scripts.

PARTNERS