DirectX 8.1 SDK

Started by
2 comments, last by JimboC 22 years, 5 months ago
I was wondering if anyone has heard if Microsoft is planning on releasing the DirectX 8.1 SDK on CD to the public? Microsoft mentions the DirectX 8.1 SDK CD ROM on the download page, but its not listed anywhere else. I''m stuck with a garbage 56K modem and downloading a 175MB file is just silly - even with one of those download resuming programs. The C++ only portion isn''t much of a help either weighing in at 140MB. My CD recorder broke at work, so I can''t transfer the file to a CD from there. And nothing, not even ISDN, is available where I live (which is only 3 miles from the switching station go figure). 10 miles in any direction they have both cable modems and DSL available, but not in the vacuum I live in. Thanks for any news on this.
Advertisement
3,5,7,8,8.1 are all available in bite size chunks at The Rabbit Hole in the Tricks section.

I could mail you a copy (plus anything else up to 650MB) for $5.50. PayPal required.

Ben

Forget ordering the CD from MS...when I tried to order their DX6.0 cd, it came in the mail in 20 pieces. When I asked for another one, it came in the mail in only 10 pieces this time. (hey a 50% improvement!)

After that, I sucked it up and dl''d the damn thing with my 14.4.

Learn about game programming!Games Programming in C++: Start to Finish
I ordered DX7 from MS with no problems.

Ben

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement