Got troubles with 3D model

Started by
1 comment, last by Sneaky_Seal 7 years, 6 months ago

Hello, dear colleagues!

Recently I was asked to create a 3D model of scorpio for my friend's video game. I've started to do it in the program Sculptris, which, as it soon turned out to be, has its own disadvantages. Accidentally a couple of redundant details has appeared and I cannot find a way to remove them. You can see these parts on the following pic, in the black circle.

8456250.png

Later I have tried to remove these fragments using ZBrush but the result was the same: they remained. I suppose there is no way to pick the right angle from which the program would "see" these details. What I want to ask: is there any way still to get rid of them using Sculptris or ZBrush or I should try some other software (if yes, which exact)? Thank you for any help.

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode! GameDev.net - forum thread
Advertisement

is there any way still to get rid of them using Sculptris or ZBrush

The zBrush dynamesh should get rid of these errors at the cost of removing details you sculpted, just keep reducing the size of the grid.

Mistakes like these even happen to professionals, we have a rule: if you can't fix it in fifteen minutes scrap and start again.

There is no point to clinging to a bad model and when you do it a second time it will look even better than the first time.

With legs, keep them separate so that you don't have to remake all of them, you can just copy and paste a good leg. It also means that you won't have to scrap the whole model when you make a mistake; merge it all when you start detailing.

Thank you! I've realised that the most easy way is really to restart and do it all from the very beginning)

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode! GameDev.net - forum thread

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement