Issue with Construct2 and Firefox

Started by
4 comments, last by King Mir 7 years, 4 months ago

Hello,

FIrst time poster and it's about an issue I'm having with Construct2 and Firefox.

We started a project in class and my teammate and I aren't that "fluent" in Construct2 but we managed to have two players moving on screen, player 1 has the default control of the 8-direction behavior and the second has 8-direction too but uses zqsd as movement (through simulate 8-direction).

Thing is once we launch the layout, player1 moves with the arrows but using any other keys bring up the quick find of Firefox.

I've tried deactivating every extension but the result is the same. Is this a known bug of Firefox and is there a fix?

Cheers,

ps: using internet explorer is not considered a fix, but a temporary workaround. :P

Advertisement

It's probably a feature not a bug - browser makers don't want a malicious site to be able to swallow up all the keypresses. If so, all you can do is ask users to disable the feature in the options.

It's probably a feature not a bug - browser makers don't want a malicious site to be able to swallow up all the keypresses. If so, all you can do is ask users to disable the feature in the options.

Can't seem to find the option in Firefox, what direction should I search? Thanks.

Advanced > General > Search for text when I start typing

Advanced > General > Search for text when I start typing

Wow, thanks a lot sir, you are my new god! :D

That sounds like a workaround too.

I actually have the opposite annoyance in my game in firefox, but I'm not using Constuct2: pressing ctrl+F fails to pop up the find menu. So it's definitely possible to prevent key-presses to be grabbed by the application and prevent firefox from picking them up for search and keyboard shortcuts. But I don't know how it's done or if it's possible with Construct2.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement