draw a torus?,
Posted 29 November 2001 - 08:14 AM
1. create a ring of vertices
2. offset ring to desired radius
3. rotate ring of vertices around the center (creating new vertices at each rotation)
4. connect the vertices to create the polygons (you can optimize this portion using indexed vertices or by stripping the triangles, maybe even use quads)
5. texture, light, render your newly made torus
learning to draw the torus may be a good idea if you are into math and dont want to start sing outside libs like glaux.