• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Low-polygon Modeling. - Help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Syntax   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 January 2000 - 07:35 PM

Okay, I have been making some low-polygon models, and quite frankly they suck, for two reason mostly. 1) my modeling skill need improving, 2) I need a better grasp of 3d Studio max. I have been to a few tutorial sites, and all they provide is making objects starting out with cylinders and cubes..I wish to create the models, literally polygon-at-a-time. Now comes the question.. Does anybody here know any tutorials that show a person how to create a single face (which i can do) and start building off of that...any help would be appreciated... E-mail with questions, comments, and retorts.
InvalidSyntax@icqmail.com

Sponsor:

#2 Glazer   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 January 2000 - 07:34 AM

Hey, i did a little of that "poly-at-time" a while ago, but finally ended up with the "start-with-the-damn-box" theory, since its pretty damn much easier, however, you still need something to begin with right? (some part of the character body), so use a box as a head for you char, and build the faces from it (or use the 3dsmax face extrude function (wich is great)).

If you still want a totally non boxrelated character in the end, just delete the box, cap the hole(s) and build it up again with your own faces.

I guess this didnt help you and yours quest for tutorials out very much, but hey, im just human =)

In my opinion the "polay-at-time" idea is pretty to succed
with, i''d advise you to start with an object (like a box)

#3 Glazer   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 January 2000 - 07:38 AM

argh...damn script...well, however, start with the box, and build your way "out" of the character.

Ok, im getting pretty confused myself, but what im trying to say is that its easier to make an object (ex. box) and start with...hmm...well...since my english skills are pretty limited i hope you atleast understand my point.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS