• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Two more questions...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zealot   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 29 November 2001 - 11:33 AM

Ok, I need to know... Is there any way to delete polys in OpenGL? Also What kind of collision system does the Unreal Engine use? I was wondering ''cause Deus Ex uses it, and Deus Ex is gravy, and I wish I could do collision that good. What I mean is, how could they possibly put collision boxes around every section of terrain and every model and all, especially if the terrain was rounded. En taro Adun! Doom to all who threaten the homeworld! *Protoss Zealot - Starcraft*

Sponsor:

#2 jacksonh   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 November 2001 - 11:43 AM

Don''t draw them

#3 Zealot   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 29 November 2001 - 12:34 PM

Uh, come again capin? I''m not readin'' you clearly. Do you mean have like a loop that draws the polys if a var is true, and not if it is false?

En taro Adun!
Doom to all who threaten the homeworld!
*Protoss Zealot - Starcraft*

#4 Maximus   Members   -  Reputation: 124

Posted 29 November 2001 - 04:21 PM

You dont use bounding boxes for collision with static geometry

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS