• Create Account

DirectX under MSVC++ 6.0

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 thomasggiusepe   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 November 2001 - 01:43 AM

Hi there, I am working around the installation of DirectX under MSVC++ 6.0. I have done as exemplified at: http://www.vcworld.f2s.com/tutorials/directx/dxsetup.php But still stay the error: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dinput8.lib" Some hints !? Thnx in advance....§:0).Thomas

Sponsor:

#2 Fruny   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1653

Posted 30 November 2001 - 02:47 AM

Are the libraries in the path for the compiler ?
(Tools, Options, Directories )

#3 jacksonh   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 November 2001 - 04:38 AM

You need to specify the path to those libraries. In MSVC++ go to the Tools menu and select options. A dialog box will pop up and you need to click on the directories tab. There is a drop down box on the directories page you need to select Library files, than you need to specify where those directX libraries are. So double click on the list box and put in the exact path to the folder those library files are in. Once you''ve created that path you should drag it to the top of the list....I think you have to do this for the include files also.

Hope this helps

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS