• Create Account

Updating old games

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 paulcoz   Members   -  Reputation: 230

Posted 26 January 2000 - 11:42 AM

I got to thinking the other day about an game on the Commodore 64 called ''Archon''. Does anyone agree that this would be great to update to a new 3D Battle Chess (strategy / action) type game (3d accelerated of course). You could play on-line in a last-man-standing type competition. Perhaps somebody else can think of an old game which would be great to update?

Sponsor:

#2 Stefpet   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 January 2000 - 11:48 AM

I would like to see a hardware accelerated version the old Stunt Car Racer, and most important - with the same feeling.

(and the multiplayer option (null-modem at that time)).

#3 Paladin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 January 2000 - 02:24 PM

Wou, Archon sounds cool

They actually made pc version, called Archon Ultra, but it was flop... terrible game

But ya, good Archon style game would be nice

My personal favorite would be ABSOLUTELY old ... hmm... bullfrog''s ? - game Stunts.... not Stunt Car Racer.
Stunts was that game where you could make your own tracks, drive freely around vector world (that was damn good looking during that time), and it had nice "real" physics

I loved that game, someone should create 3D-acc version of it !

#4 Machaira   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1028

Posted 27 January 2000 - 02:17 AM

Man, almost any of the classics could be redone, as long as they didn''t just slap 3D graphics on it like they did with Frogger! ChopLifter I always thought could be pretty cool.

Breakaway Games

#5 Wild9eR   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 January 2000 - 04:36 AM

Ya, Stunts kicks ass! I still have that game, box and everything. Making your own tracks really added to the game play.

#6 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 27 January 2000 - 06:19 AM

3D, multiplayer Joust.

That would rule.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com

#7 foofightr   Members   -  Reputation: 130

Posted 27 January 2000 - 10:18 AM

a souped up version of Ninja Gaiden

#8 Poisler   Members   -  Reputation: 151

Posted 27 January 2000 - 10:38 AM

Yeah ChopLifter would be real nice. How about Summer Games and Winter games. I used to love playing those games.

#9 Gromit   Members   -  Reputation: 144

Posted 27 January 2000 - 10:54 AM

Archon, Choplifter and Joust all rocked. Never did like frogger all that much.

#10 SonicSilcion   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 January 2000 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, a *real* Archon update would be cool and I''ve thought about a 3D Joust, too.
__The one I''ve been waiting for years is a new M.U.L.E. It should definately be able to be played online as well as off, with and without "bots." I think adding more players might break the balance, though.
__Another would be a redone version of Death Zone, a game submitted to Analog [an Atari magazine.] Basically a first person view with you shooting balls that''ll kamikaze you. Mmm, guess you''d just have to play it.

#11 SeanHowe   Members   -  Reputation: 142

Posted 27 January 2000 - 12:13 PM

Archon was awesome!
So was that stunt game where you could design your own tracks! Both should be redone

#12 Paladin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 03:00 AM

I have to say, that all this retro games should be actually called Retroware, and it doesn''t matter if it''s commercial, shareware, or freeware, but it would be cool to have website that offers only retroware then, like Winter Games PC, M.U.L.E, Space Taxi, and so on

BTW, I have heard that there are COOOL new versions of Giana Sisters, anyone seen one ? I heard that those support like Multiplayer, have little better graphics and so on

Stunts was that car racing game, I could even buy that box so that I could show it for my friends and yell "I have the Original STUNTS !", it''s REALLY valuable collector stuff nowdays (because everyone had only copy of that game).

Actually, if I would like to have something more new, I would like to see 100% old-fashion adventure game, ala Day Of The Tentacle / Indiana Jones... I really miss those games :.P

#13 deakin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 January 2000 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, stunts was great. I still have that on my computer and play it. The track editor was really easy to use.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS