• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

DX7 or DX8??

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 burgc002   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 December 2001 - 06:47 PM

I have Game Programming for Dummies,Tricks,Zen of D3D8,Game Programming with DX7.....heh you figure I would know something by now..anyway, I have played around with ddraw and feel comfortable with it and I am ready to make that all important tetris clone but,the question is should I stay with dx7 or go with dx8, like I said I have Zen of D3D if that is what I should do and who doesnt want to eventually make 3d games? So basically I guess I am just confused as hell on what I should do. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sponsor:

#2 CaptainJester   Members   -  Reputation: 523

Posted 14 December 2001 - 02:14 AM

I had the same dilema. I decided to start with DX7 as the 2D stuff is much easier to learn than with DX8. Then I plan to learn DX8 and see how to do the 2D part there. If you want to jump directly into DX8, there are good tutorials over at Flip Code on how to do 2D graphics in DX8.

---
Make it work.
Make it right.
Make it fast.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS