• Create Account

Can anyone explain to me what object overloading is or does?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Squared   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 December 2001 - 10:56 AM

The book im reading (C++ how to program by dietel and dietel doestn explain very well in the introductory of the chapter, and none of the source code is understandable.

Sponsor:

#2 subnet_rx   Members   -  Reputation: 158

Posted 15 December 2001 - 12:44 PM

I borrowed the same book from someone to learn C++. It was printed in 1998, and that book is not for beginning programmers in my opinion. Although it is comprehensive. Download Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel, or buy the book. He explains various topics much better.

#3 savagerx   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 December 2001 - 09:43 PM

Wat''s object overloading?
How does one overload an object once memory is allocated for it? Maybe it''s some advanced stuff...hmm.......

Overloading is a kind of Polymorphism which in turn is one of three C++''s core principles.

P.S. Is it inheritance from an abstract class? This is the only one kind of "object overloading" I can think of as I am also a newbie

The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant

#4 burp   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 December 2001 - 10:11 PM

It so happens that I was teaching a course last year that used Deitel & Deitel''s ", C++ How to Program - Second Edition".

I still have a copy here, if you tell me which chapter is causing your confusion I''ll give you a hand.

I assume its Chapter 8 - Operator Overloading or maybe Chapter 3 - Function Overloading

#5 Squared   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 December 2001 - 01:56 PM

Its chapter 8 objest overloading.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS