• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Open GL Lighting question

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zealot   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 17 December 2001 - 07:12 AM

I was reading in a book I bought, and I found a section that was talking about lighting. It said to set ambient light to 0, and use other lights to create nice looking effects. I was wondering, does OpenGL support this? The book didn''t specify, so I don''t know. Also, what are specular lights in OpenGL? I am rather new to GL so I haven''t even treaded into the lighting field yet. En taro Adun! Doom to all who threaten the homeworld! *Protoss Zealot - Starcraft*

Sponsor:

#2 jenova   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 December 2001 - 07:21 AM

yes, you can set the ambient light to 0, if you want to.

specular lighting is basically the bright, reflective type lighting.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

#3 jenova   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 December 2001 - 07:23 AM

or more definitively, specular lighting demonstrates an objects shininess.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS